THIS PAGE INTRODUCES OUR MUSICAL TEAM
and LISTS THE CHOIR TRUSTEES AND OTHER OFFICERS.
Musical Director –Deborah Davies.
Deborah chose to join us in 2018 as Associate MD and in September 2020 was appointed Musical Director. She had previously established the Cranmer Company of Singers which has made well over 80 Cathedral visits within the U.K., and together with the Cranmer Chamber Orchestra put on many concerts in venues ranging from Southwell Minster and Belvoir Castle to local Churches and village halls. She has attended overseas festivals in Italy and Gozo; been invited by the Mayor of Avila in Spain to sing in their beautiful Cathedral and city; been invited to sing in Finland, hosted by a Finnish choir and has raised in excess of £35,000 for charities through her music-making activities.
Deborah established the Good Friday Charity ‘Come & Sing’ annual events at Bottesford Church, attracting as many as 190 singers from many counties each year to raise funds for those in need.
Deborah also directs the semi-professional Chamber Choir, Cantica Viva. This choir of music teachers, organists and conductors meets once a year to sing at Cathedrals within the UK and sang to great acclaim at the choir’s inaugural weekend at Bath Abbey in 2018.
She also creates a small Children’s Choir each year to sing at local village Christmas concerts and services.
Deborah’s qualifications include: M.A. in Music Psychology; B.Ed.; Music.Tch.Cert.; Associate of the Royal College of Music in Organ Teaching; Dip.Tch.in Ec./Geog.; Certificate in Social Welfare Law.
Accompanist – Sue Bennett. Sue has had a love of all things piano since she was young enough to sit underneath it to listen to her mum playing and first took lessons. She went on to study double A’level music, an intensely musical time with frequent concerts as solo pianist and accompanist, as well as singing weekly in four choirs and playing violin and oboe in Scunthorpe and District Youth Orchestras. It was a Plant Science degree at Nottingham University and a full-time career that followed though, with piano teaching alongside.
In 2003 redundancy turned into an opportunity to focus on music teaching, first of all achieving the CTABRSM teaching certificate in 2006. Sue is now also a qualified Suzuki piano teacher, and 2022 saw the realisation of a long-held ambition to build a dedicated self-contained studio. Alongside teaching students from 3 years old to the retired Sue is an active accompanist, and also runs a small community choir “The Kneesall Knightingales” in her home village near Ollerton.
Sue is delighted to be accompanying Radcliffe on Trent Male Voice Choir and feels privileged to be in the role so synonymous with Eleonora Babitsky, the choir’s previous accompanist, whom she’d heard and admired in concert with them many times over the past 20 years.
Our President, Kenneth Clarke, has been a long-time supporter and on several occasions has compered our Christmas Concert.
- Chairman: John Bartle. 07711 077228
- Vice-chairman: Rod Haslam. 01623 750403
- Hon. Secretary: Malcolm Dillon. 0115 846 9030
- Hon. Treasurer: Richard Brown. 01949 837882
- 1st Tenor Rep: John Parry. 0115 9334060
- 2nd Tenor Rep: Colin Macklam. 07741 454938
- 1st Bass Rep: Eric Maxwell. 01949 875836
- 2nd Bass Rep: Andrew Shipley. 01949 857386
- Deputy. Chris Worthington. 01159 332749
Non Executive Officers:-
- Stage Manager: Barrie Greenhalgh. 0115 8412851.
- Webmaster: Russ Hamer. 01664 820041
- Press & Media Officer + Practice Track Admin: Bill Hill. 01159 334909
- Librarian: David Edwards. 07968 370106.
- Archivist: Geoff Warrington. 0115 9890629.
- Merchandise: Rosemary Gatie. 01636 813875
- Wardrobe Guardian: John Bartle. 07711 077228
- Methodist Church John Parry. 01159 334060
- Keyholders: Dave Edwards. 07968 370106